Sunday, January 28, 2007

UK Tour - Part 3 - Christmas
Wow, finally we arrived at Granny G'Ann'T's house after an epic sleep... er I mean drive, through a foggy England. Granny had given up her bedroom for the old folks and me, which was really cool because it has an awesome en suite. Of course it does, Daddy designed it that way!!

Naturally, Granny was pleased to see all of us. Uncle Tim and his gang -auntie V and Olive- flew in from HK the next day and he gave us the motivation to make it to Midnight Mass. It was a High Anglican service in a half-empty really old church. They were making smoke bombs and wearing white gowns. I thought they were going to sacrifice a sheep or a young virgin, but instead Papa went and had a swig of the pretend blood and we all went home to bed.
In the morning we all got up and opened presents. My cousin Olive was great and made Christmas totally enjoyable. Her Mummy got a super twinkly ring and was delighted - after that I sensed just a bit of tension between my Mummy and Daddy.
.
Later that day, the Beattys, some really close family friends, came over and I got another cool (and noisy) toy. The grown-ups all ate and drank way too much and before you could say "Only Fools and Horses Christmas Special re-run" there was a small squadron of fat bellies snoring in front of the telly.
.
On Boxing Day The Beattys hosted the return leg and we all piled over to their house. I sported my achingly hip new BABiPod top from uncle Rob -I'm so fly, I think I need to lie down!
The only problem with this top is Papa kept pressing my tummy to try and make me pause. Fool, my batteries were simply in need of a recharge... again... zzzzzzzzzzz...

No comments: