Friday, September 29, 2006

Moving it and shaking it

Hello... back again after another hectic short while. My adventures here in Outer Canuckistan continue.

I have had some feedback questioning my ability to actually write this blog. Some have been so bold as to suggest that I may not be writing it all. Well hopefully this photo can straighten the matter out...

...admittedly the numbers are a bit of a stretch for my infant arms, but I need not remind you that I am a genius in training. Born to blog baby!!!

The old folks chilled out a bit after the beach trip. Apparently, I'm assured, the weather is about to change, so we did some tidying in the garden under some fabulous late September sun. We are a very functional family, largely due to my expert direction. As you can see here, I have a very hands off management style. It gives the old dears a sense of ownership of their chores too.


However, to encourage their future obedience, their work must be rewarded and it was with a fine social engagement later that evening. Moreover, I was feeling like a million bucks after receiving this personalised bunch of flowers from Sophie that were in fact a new wardrobe. Yay.


So later on, donning another new outfit from cousin Tom Jr and his oldies, I earned my cocktail wings at the oysters and wine in the sky party.

From the 915th floor (or something like it) of a condo in Yaletown we mingled and worked the room separately like true social butterflies until I pulled a Daddy-like manoeuvre, drank too much, passed out and they had to drive me home. Even though it was only milk, I think Mama and Papa were quietly pleased for it not to be either of them for once. Although the host kindly reminded everyone of the time Papa passed out between the main course and dessert and then again between dessert and coffee.

hahahahaha... Hey Papa, if you can't take it, you shouldn't drink it! Still they seemed to take in their stride and found it funny. All I can say is...

...laugh now, but one day I'll be in charge!

...with obvious acknowledgements, apologies or whatever to Banksy.


2 comments:

Ganga Fondan said...

What a sweet and adorable baby you are Maya...this is the first blogging website I have looked at since I just joined up today. how wonderful to land in baby blog land. :)

Anonymous said...

hello styling miss maya;

your highly developed and advanced blogger skills will likely land your first genius job at Apple! Look out Steve Jobs! Maya's in the Blog Pod, the master control center poise to rule the world with cutieness power!