Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Cats, Rats and Naps
Another day older and another day wiser. Maybe I was being paranoid, but when I first arrived at this place called home, the cats seemed hostile towards me. There are two cats here. Mango is black, white and fat and Coco is the 'unfortunate looking' one.
.
You may remember the shot of Mango the cat raiding my Moses bed and me mentioning how he was staring at me with hunger and hostility. While I am far from relaxed around them -it cuts both ways- we have definitely found some common ground. For example, we are all furry freeloading narcoleptics...
.
...see Coco having a go in my chair bed.
...or mango lazing on the front deck in the late afternoon sun.
Best of all is when we are all get stuck into testing the old dears ability to not sleep through the night with our feeding and 'other' needs. I think Mango is especially interested in my vocal approach to stating my demands. Although when it comes to 'other' needs I absolutely refuse to share the cat litter, despite Papa's suggestions that it might help save the environment.
.
The good news is that we are all trying to get along. The other night Mango brought me a live baby rat to try and show me how to catch my own food. I wasn't all that impressed as I have no plans to go and catch my own food anytime soon. The old folks were even less impressed and made him stay outside on the deck with it until the hunting lesson was over (ie the rat died). Granny was so unimpressed she said she might not come and visit!!!
.
Poor Mango never seems to do the right thing, no matter how hard he tries. However, it is good that we have bonded so that we can share our passion for warm places to sleep.
.
time for a snooze,
Missy Maya D-T

1 comment:

gabby t said...

Darling Maya
What a star, far braver than Granny T who would run a mile if Mango tried to teach her to catch supper.
Lots of Love, see you soon
Granny