Monday, October 16, 2006

Leaping Prawns and Leprechauns

Here in Vancouver, there are many peoples from around the world, especially Asia. The oceans around here are abundant with seafood and fresh Alberta beef is just four mountain ranges away. This combination makes for some great dining, be it steak oscar, Izakaya, Korean BBQ, big BC burgers, super fresh sushi and sashimi, fifty-five flavours of Pho or 101 PinPin pork dishes....

...oooooooooooooohh I can't wait to get me teef. So it was the olds took us all to Guu Otokame, a cool Izakaya joint in touristy Gastown. It was Tita Linda's birthday and Lola Mila's treat; but everyone enjoyed it. Apparently it is the black cod that it is to die for. The greedies (me not included) ordered it at least 78 times. The seared sashimi salad was obviously another hit. Can you believe it they even had prawns that were so raw they leapt about on the plate, nearly? wow.In fact, Lola Mila loved it so much we went to Guu with Garlic the next week with Amori and her folks. Amori took this wicked photo of us all watching the leaping prawn; honest. Ok so the greedy olds were just ordering more fud.

You may have suspected already, but I think the leaping prawns must have given Daddy an idea or something. First Mama dressed me up, then Papa decides I looked like a leprechaun. As you all know, he full of 'interesting' ideas. Actually I just think he's as daft as a stoned monkey. Anyways, this is cute; apparently......Give me strength. I guess you can't always pick your parents!!!!



Thanks Louie for me tag. Gotta go now...
..yeah..

No comments: