Monday, September 18, 2006

Hello everyone, my name is Maya.

Hello everyone, my name is Maya. I was born on Friday 15th September, at 16.12 PST by caesarian section at BC Women's Hospital in Vancouver. The staff at the hospital were excellent and guided mummy and daddy well through those anxious first few days. This picture shows Daddy just minutes before I was born.



The first time I met Daddy, there were loads of bright lights and strange people cleaning me up and poking me. He came and chopped my cord before they weighed me.

Look at the scales above! I weighed a cool 3.445 kg; that's 7lb 9oz in old money. Then they took me to meet Mummy while they glued her back together. The anesthesist took a nice photo of the three of us. Look at how great Mummy looks. You wouldn't know she is on the operating table except for those guys in the background.


That all happened on Friday. The next day loads of friends came over to visit and mummy and daddy ate foie gras with late harvest ice wine. Wow. On Sunday I went home for the first time. My home is in Vancouver. I had great fun keeping the cats awake on my first night, but I'd better be careful as they are still bigger than me and that Mango always looks at me hungrily.


OK I'm off to go and do my hungry cross-eyed terrapin impersonation as it amuses the old folks.

Laters
Maya D-T




1 comment:

Pia said...

WELCOME BABY MAYA!

You are a beauty!

Can't wait to schedule play dates!

-Aldo, Pia, and Amori